Chemistry graduates are expected to:
- Understand the concept of and be able to apply the scientific method to problem solution;
- Understand classifications of chemical compounds, general reaction types and quantitative aspects of stoichiometry as applied to chemical reactions;
- Apply basic knowledge of related fields such as mathematics and physics to problem solving, methods of analysis and use of numerical data in the chemical sciences;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of basic laboratory skills, methods and equipment used in chemistry for observation and analysis of chemical systems;
- Read, think and write critically and review current literature in the chemical sciences; and
- Exhibit a comprehensive knowledge of the fundamental theories, concepts and skills necessary in the chemical sciences.